Monday, October 1, 2012

need for prayer & thank you

**SMALL UPDATE TO THIS POST:  after speaking with the trauma doctor this afternoon, he articulated two main issues for ken right now.  (1) his fevers - figuring out the cause and praying that the changes in medication will eliminate them.   (2) his agitation.  ken seems to be very unsettled a lot of the time, which isn't good for the healing process.  i am praying that the holy spirit inside of ken would pour out his peace and rest into him.  i pray God's presence would fill this room and his heart with an assurance that only He can give.  thank you for continuing to pray.  i know you're sharing this burden along with me.**

it seems now more than ever that kenny's fevers need to cease altogether.  the doctors here and at infectious disease still have no clear arrow pointing to their source.  the trauma doctors will be changing all of his medications to see if they are creating a reaction in him.  in a little bit, i will talk to one of the doctors, but after talking to his nurse today, there was no clear plan for what to do if the switching up of medication is ineffective.

i know all of this is happening under the purposeful control and careful love of our Father, but i am struggling right now with what seems like to me a dead end with knowing how to alleviate ken's fevers.  i'm praying for these fevers to completely go away.   i so desire God to come through for us here - so praying He will save the day.  the waiting for it seems unbearable right now.  jesus, help me wait.

"but if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."  romans 8:25

"the Lord, the King of Israel is with you; never again will you fear any harm.  on that day they will say to jerusalem, 'do not fear, do not let you hands hang limp.  the Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.'"  zeph. 3:15-17

"i was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations.  satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees.  no danger then of walking around high and mighty.  at first i didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it.  three times i did that, and then he told me, 'my grace is enough; it's all you need.  my strength comes into its own in your weakness.'  once i heard that, i was glad to let it happen.  i quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift.  it was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness."  2 corinthians 12

oh, jesus, that i would not let this get me down.  may your grace - just enough for today - push me to my knees, and allow you to do your best work.  amen.

and thanks for God, one of ken's chest tubes was removed - this is good.  praise God.

also, i am beyond thankful for everyone who was able to make it to the little prayer walk he had for kenny.  i felt so loved by your support and notes, and mostly, your prayers.  thank you thank you for standing in the gap for us.




2 comments:

  1. You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word]…[What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living! Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.
    -Psalm 27:8,13-14 AMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. continuing to pray for you guys and with you!

    - Bill & Gina

    ReplyDelete