Monday, November 5, 2012

Lately

My goodness, Kenny is working really hard.  He is really motivated, and that is certainly working for him.   But, he is still having a hard time sleeping at night, which affects his "readiness" to plow through his therapy sessions.  Also, his body is still getting used to moving and this causes a loft stiffness and soreness.

I can't believe I am saying this, but they capped his tracheostomy today, which means that if he does well, it could be taken out altogether within a week.  Ahhh! Amazing.  I can't even fathom that the day is nearing when he will not need a single bit of support for his lungs to work.  I can hardly contain my anticipation for that day.

Things have been challenging at home with our oldest.  She is still figuring all this out, and just plain wants things to be back to "normal".  Tomorrow, she and I will spend a good potion of the day together with ken, and I'm looking forward to how God might use our time to settle her heart a bit.  My hearts hurts for our little girl because she's had to deal with some harsh realities I would have loved to shield her from.  But since it's not so, I am praying for God powerfully impact her heart for Him, and somehow make her heart for ready for a life fully devoted to Him.

And related, I am still trying to balance spending my time between the girls and Ken, trying to get all three of them in the same place at once more often...this is just a season.  And after what I've been through I can quickly find joy knowing that all this will not last forever.  What a relief to say that.  All this is temporary.  

Some things I'm praying for....

- for wisdom to know how to spend my days
- for Kenny to get good sleep at night
- for our oldest daughter to make good choices during the times I am not around, and for her heart to settle on Jesus, in her own little four-year-old way
-  for kens blood pressure to stay down
- for kens time at therapy to be fruitful.  That the Enemy would have no place.

Thank you so very much.

1 comment:

  1. Still praying for Kenny and your sweet family. Thanks for the update and some clear things to bring before our Lord.

    ReplyDelete